I mean to remedy that today.
One of the biggest components on the invitations that I didn't anticipate were the envelopes. We used vellum envelopes so our design could be seen through them on the opposite side. All the work came in for the addressed side. I bought a few stamps from a local craft store and slightly modified one to make it look like flowers were spilling out of a mason jar. The outline of the jar acted as a little address frame and I added a large "M" on each label which started the line "Mr. and Mrs. so-and-so" above each address. I am fortunate to be friends with some lovely, supportive women who came over and helped me create these designs one Thursday for about four hours. Even though I bought "quick-drying" ink made for vellum, it took about a half hour for the pigments to set enough to be stack-proof. After each envelope went through our little assembly line, we hung them up on a ramshackle drying system we rigged up around the house. The end result was exactly the look and feel we were aiming for, and I felt proud of our little pieces of art we got to send out to all our family and friends at the end of the week. Below are more pictures of the process and the final product. Enjoy!
Lindsay, Shannon, and Sam form a stamping brigade to rival the best of them. I could never have done this without their help!
Sam hangs a completed envelope on our drying line, which consisted of several lengths of yarn hung across the living room ceiling. Lewis observes from his post on the couch.
The first batch of envelopes drying on our clothing rack.
The state of the living room at the end of all the stamping madness. They actually looked sort of beautiful strung up with the light shining through them.
Signed, sealed, delivered! A shot of the inside of the invites, complete with hand-punched RSVP cards, and an addressed and sent envelope.