Wednesday, January 25, 2012

photo shoot sneak peek

If you're curious as to what we're doing stomping around the back yard in fur coats and insulated boots, I'll let you in on a secret. This Saturday I had a photo shoot for the Etsy shop (launching next week!) in spite of our overnight ice storm. Thanks to some great friends who crawled through the unsalted streets in the early morning, we were able to make lemonade from the ice-lemons. There was beautiful ambient lighting and it actually helped photographer extraordinaire Laura Elise capture some phenomenal shots. You might remember me bragging about the über talented Laura after the wedding; she captured some of my favorite photos I have from that day! No, I don't have any of her pictures today. It's just a sneak peek at what's to come, remember? More after the jump!

 I wish I could have had a million stylists running hither and yon, touching up makeup, bobby pinning stray hairs like they do in the movies, but the girls I had were troupers. My sister Lindsey did makeup, complete with fake eyelashes, and the lovely Ellen styled hair. And everyone was a willing and ready model, even Laura. Thanks, ladies for helping make the day a success. Above, you can see the hair wreaths ready and waiting along with our prop table. Below, braving the elements and getting ready. I can hardly wait to see the real shots next week in the shop, can't you?-hil

2 comments: