Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It never hurts to ask...

So, I don't normally do this, but (oh gosh, isn't that what all bloggers say before they hit you up with a pitch, ad, or favor?) nonetheless, it must be done. Because it's important.

Some of you might know that I work for a program called After School Art at the Oxford Community Arts Center. Earlier this year I applied for some funding through PNC Bank. They're running a program called Neighborhood Wishlist, which is aimed at providing communities with money to start and sustain programs in their area. It's pretty cool because it allows anyone out there to try and actually make something happen in their community. So I saw this and thought, "wow! With that money we could bring in another visiting artist for the kids! Also, we could buy special materials for them to do unique projects!" And so I sent in my proposal and (drumroll please...) it's a finalist!

So, what does that mean? Ok, here is where I do it. Here is where I ask for help. I'm just going to rip off the band-aid:
I need you to vote for my program on Facebook.

Whew! There. I said it. Yes, you have to log into Facebook. Yes, you have to add the PNC app to vote. But here's the thing: for every single vote, the After School Art program receives a dollar. That's literally like you donated a dollar out of your pocket to a worthy cause, except it costs nothing. Except maybe one minute of your time. So please (don't make me get desperate) please vote. It's legit. It's a huge help to us running this arts program. Plus, you get three votes for the Wishlist program to use for other worthy causes. There are tons of cool projects out there just waiting to happen in neighborhoods all around us, and you can help make them happen!

So all you have to do is click this link then click the "go to our Facebook app to vote" button. It will prompt you the whole way, and I'll be ever so thankful.

Seriously, how can you say no to those cute little faces? Ok, ok, I'll stop. Please vote for us. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment